What is an Alumni Career Guide?
Alumni Career Guides are willing to connect with current students to share industry knowledge and career advice. A career guide agrees to respond to a student's request for information within 5 business days. Serving as an Alumni Career Guide is a great opportunity to interact with students and reconnect with HBS.
Who are Alumni Career Guides?
Alumni Career Guides are alumni who are interested in connecting with students to share industry knowledge. As a career guide, you will be noted with a special badge in the HBS Alumni Directory that you are interested in talking to students regarding career questions.
What are the benefits of becoming an Alumni Career Guide?
Serving as an Alumni Career Guide is a great opportunity to interact with students and reconnect with HBS. Additionally, you can add "HBS Career Guide" to LinkedIn or your resume to indicate that you are actively contributing to industry intelligence gathering. Alumni Career Guides are invited to the Dean's Annual Volunteer Leadership Conference. Guides will also receive pertinent information from HBS about current career trends on campus.
Alumni Career Guide Responsibilities
- Update your Alumni Directory Profile (LinkedIn sync now available for easy updating)
- Respond to student requests for a phone conversation within 5 business days.
- If you receive 5+ requests/week, CPD and Alumni Relations will work with you to manage the volume, utilizing available technology platforms for easier interaction and/or redirecting some requests to other Career Guide volunteers.
Benefits of Becoming an Alumni Career Guide
- Alumni who participate in the program will receive updated information about HBS MBA Career trends, job placements, internships and other career related student information and, in turn, can also contribute to the School’s industry intelligence gathering.
- Guides may add “HBS Career Guide” to their resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- Guides will be Invited to Dean’s Annual Volunteer Leadership Conference in June.