A charitable lead trust (CLT) enables you to support HBS and transfer assets to children or other heirs at a reduced tax cost.
- Reduces the gift and estate tax costs of transferring assets to your heirs
- Controls the timing of asset distribution to your heirs
- Expert management services provided by Harvard Management Company at no cost n immediate charitable income tax deduction in some circumstances
- Membership in the John C. Whitehead Society
- You can create a trust with a minimum gift of $1 million or more.
- Your trust makes annual payments to HBS. You choose the length of the term (generally 10 to 20 years) and whether payments are fixed or variable.
- At the end of the trust term, the principal passes to your heirs or back to you.
Use our gift calculator to see how a CLT can work for you