When you establish a charitable gift annuity, you and/or others receive fixed payments for life, and HBS receives the remainder. You can begin receiving payments immediately or defer them to a future date of your choice. Annuity rates are determined by several factors.
- Quarterly fixed payments for life to you and/or the people you choose
- Charitable income tax deduction
- Potential reduction in capital gains and estate taxes
- A portion of the payments may be tax-free if you establish the annuity with cash or high-basis stock
- Your class receives credit for the full amount of your gift
- Membership in the John C. Whitehead Society
- You can create a CGA with a gift of cash or stock. The minimum gift is $25,000.
- You choose whether payments begin immediately or on a future date that you specify.
- Each quarter, you and/or your chosen beneficiary receive a fixed payment.
- When your gift annuity ends, HBS receives the remainder and will use it for the purpose you specified.
Use our gift calculator to see how a CGA can work for you