The New Venture Competition Alumni Track serves as a launch pad for innovative new ventures from HBS alumni, providing access and exposure to potential investors, mentors, and advisors. The annual event is sponsored by the Harvard Business School’s Rock Center for Entrepreneurship and Alumni Clubs & Associations. The competition is open to alumni with early-stage ventures, and winners receive an invitation to the student
and alumni New Venture Competition Finale to be held on April 25, 2017.
Global Finalists Announced!
- APPLY. Preview the 2016-2017 application. A pitch deck is optional but encouraged. Applications open November 15, 2016 and close January 17, 2017.
- CONNECT. Apply to one of 14 global regions and participate in local programming, mentorship and early-stage feedback opportunities. *Club activities vary by region.
- COMMIT. The deadline for submission is 11:59pm ET January 17, 2017.
- REGIONAL COMPETITIONS. Each region will shortlist applicants to pitch their plans at their local competition—an opportunity to gain invaluable feedback, exposure, and experience. The regional winners will move forward to the global semi-finals round and are required to submit a 90-second video and pitch deck.
- VIRTUAL GLOBAL SEMI-FINALS ROUND. Regional winners will be judged virtually by a group of investors and founders from around the globe. Four global finalists will be chosen to compete in the NVC Finale.
- ATTEND THE FINALE. The four global finalists present to a prominent panel of venture capitalists on April 25, 2017 through a 15-minute pitch and 15 minutes of Q+A. They will also pitch live for 90 seconds at the NVC Finale, where the winner, runner-up and crowd favorite are announced. All regional winners are invited to attend.