The New Venture Competition Alumni Track serves as a launch pad for innovative new ventures from HBS alumni, providing access and exposure to potential investors, mentors, and advisors. The annual event is sponsored by the Harvard Business School’s Rock Center for Entrepreneurship and Alumni Clubs & Associations. The competition is open to alumni with early-stage ventures, and winners receive an invitation to the student
and alumni New Venture Competition Finale held in April.
2018 Alumni Global Winners
DynamiCare Health Digital platform for monitoring and rewarding recovery from addiction
Eric Gastfriend, MBA 2015
Region: New England
Magma Trading A new kind of stock market for large trades
George Hessler, MBA 1985
Region: Northeastern U.S./New York
WeMaintain We rise by lifting others
Benoit Dupont, PLDA 2016
- APPLY. Applications open November 1, 2017 and close January 29, 2018. Preview the 2017-2018 application here.
- CONNECT. Apply to one of 13 global regions and participate in local programming, mentorship and early-stage feedback opportunities. *Club activities vary by region.
- COMMIT. The deadline for submission is 11:59pm ET January 29, 2018. A pitch deck is required.
- REGIONAL COMPETITIONS. Each region will shortlist applicants to pitch their plans at their local competition—an opportunity to gain invaluable feedback, exposure, and experience. The regional winners will move forward to the global semi-finals round and are required to submit a 90-second video.
- GLOBAL SEMI-FINALS & FINALS ROUND. The Global Semi-Finals and Finals round will take place on the HBS campus on Wednesday, April 18. Regional winners will pitch live to a panel of HBS alumni investors and founders. Four finalists will be selected to pitch live to a panel of prominent judges in a finals round that same day.
- ATTEND THE FINALE. The 4 Global Finalists will present a 90-second pitch on stage at the New Venture Competition Finale, where the Grand prize, Runner-up and Crowd Favorite winners will be announced. All Regional winners are invited to attend.