The New Venture Competition Alumni Track serves as a launch pad for innovative new ventures from HBS alumni, providing access and exposure to potential investors, mentors, and advisors. The annual event is sponsored by the Harvard Business School’s Rock Center for Entrepreneurship and Alumni Clubs & Associations. The competition is open to alumni with early-stage ventures, and winners receive an invitation to the student
and alumni New Venture Competition Finale held in April.
- APPLY. Applications open November 1, 2018 and close January 22, 2019.
- CONNECT. Apply to one of 10 global regions and participate in local programming, mentorship and early-stage feedback opportunities. *Club activities vary by region.
- COMMIT. The deadline for submission is 12:00pm noon ET January 22, 2019. A pitch deck is required.
- REGIONAL COMPETITIONS. Each region will shortlist applicants to pitch their plans at their local competition—an opportunity to gain invaluable feedback, exposure, and experience. The regional winners will move forward to the global virtual semi-finals round.
- GLOBAL SEMI-FINALS ROUND. Regional winners' applications and pitch decks will be reviewed by a group of investors and founders from around the globe. Six to eight global semi-finalists will be chosen to compete in the NVC Finale.
- ATTEND THE FINALE. The selected global semi-finalists will present to a panel of judges on April 23, 2019 as well as pitch at the live finale event where the Grand Prize, Runner-Up and Crowd Favorite Winners will be selected. All Regional winners are invited to attend.