Career & Professional Development continues to offer a breadth of support for your career development as an HBS Alumnus, whether you are seeking coaching, career management resources, or conducting a job search. These resources are available through the Alumni Careers site.
- Career Coaching - Career Coaching allows you to work one-on-one with a coach to support all aspects of your job search, including job-search strategy, career direction and decision making, resume and cover letter review, networking and interviewing skills, and other career transition and management issues. Schedule a 40-minute individual career strategy coaching session, as all alumni are entitled to up to four appointments per year. If you haven't accepted a full-time role yet, you can continue to work with your coach after those four appointments.
- Career Hub - Alumni postings are now available to you via the Alumni Career Hub. Jobs are posted daily from employers and executive search firms.
- Resume Book - You can choose to make your resume “Active” in the Alumni Resume Book. To do so, log into Alumni Career Hub and go to My Profile >> Summary, and select "yes" for "Alumni Resume Book Participation."
- Programs & Webinars - Listen to industry experts and distinguished alumni share insights on diverse topics including enhancing your impact on social media, perfecting your pitch, and building a standout resume. Take advantage of timely career programs offered throughout the year by the CPD office in various locations.
- Reciprocity Agreements - HBS CPD has arranged for alumni to subscribe to alumni job listings at Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Stanford Graduate School of Business, INSEAD, and London Business School. Learn more.
Other Alumni Resources
- Alumni Website - Your gateway to the alumni community. Find virtual programs and in-person events; read news about fellow alumni, the School, favorite faculty, and students; register for your next reunion; and find volunteer opportunities and many other resources available to you as an HBS alumnus/a.
- Alumni Clubs - There are more than 100 alumni clubs, associations, and affiliates around the world, both geographic and affinity based. Learn more about clubs, how to join them, and upcoming club events.
- Alumni Directory - The Alumni Directory contains information on more than 80,000 HBS alumni community members. You can connect with fellow alumni by name, class, company, and position; find other alumni near year, wherever you are; identify HBS graduates who share your interests; and much more. The Directory requires HBS login and is password protected.
- Alumni Social Media - Follow our office's Instagram account, which highlights student and alumni career stories, our programming and the team's global outreach. There are also HBS Alumni social media accounts on nearly every platform.
Baker Library Resources
Career research for the Class of 2017 is a top priority for Baker Library. We help recent alumni with their career research in several ways:
- Building a targeted list of potential employers by industry, size, and location
- Creating competitor lists
- Finding industry overviews and company profiles
- Gathering articles on trends on a specific industry, topic or subject
- Providing guidance on using eBaker
- Identifying biographical information to support networking
Your remote access to Baker Library resources extends through May 25th, but our services are available to you throughout your career search:
- In-Person Support: As alumni, you may visit campus at any time to use select resources available in the Stamps Reading Room. The Stamps Reading Room summer hours are Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ET. Please see the Baker Library website for regular semester hours.
- Support by Email or Phone: 48 hour turnaround time - Contact expert researchers to schedule a career research consultation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-495-6040.
- eBaker: HBS alumni have free remote access to select business information databases, significant discounts on a few others, and select free web resources for entrepreneurs and job seekers through eBaker.
Databases on eBaker include:
||Articles in academic and professional journals
|Directory of Venture Capital & Private Equity Firms
||Directory of over 2,300 Domestic & International Venture Capital and Private Equity Firms, with contact information, investments and funds.
||Aggregator of news, company, financial, industry and market research data.
|OneSource Business Browser (Discounted)
||In addition to the company and biographical information in OneSource Global Express, OneSource Business Browser features market research and analyst reports. An individual subscription for HBS alumni is $329 per year.
|OneSource Global Express
||Information on millions of companies and executives.|
|OECD Economic Surveys
||Reports and data published by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development for doing global research.
||Statistics on market size and share, demographics, budget/expenditures, and company and brand rankings.
|Vault Online Career Library
||Inside scoop on what it's like to work in industries and companies of interest to MBAs.
To learn more about Baker Library resources for alumni, please email email@example.com or call the Information Services Desk at 617-495-6040.