Career & Professional Development (CPD) continues to offer a breadth of support for your career development as an HBS Alumnus, whether you are seeking coaching, career management resources, or conducting a job search. These resources are available through the Alumni Careers site.
- Career Coaching - Career Coaching allows you to work one-on-one with a coach to support all aspects of your job search, including job-search strategy, career direction and decision making, resume and cover letter review, networking and interviewing skills, and other career transition and management issues. Schedule a 40-minute individual career strategy coaching session, as all alumni are entitled to up to four appointments per year. If you haven't accepted a full-time role yet, you can continue to work with your coach after those four appointments. Please note, as of June 11th, coach appointment scheduling will move from the Career Hub Dashboard into 12Twenty.
- Job Postings - Jobs are posted daily from employers and executive search firms. Alumni postings will be available to you via the Career Hub Dashboard through June at which time CPD will be rolling all Career Hub Dashboard functionality into 12Twenty, the system you currently know as IOU. Alumni will gain access to jobs in 12Twenty the week of June 11th, 2018.
- Resume Book - You can choose to make your resume “Active” in the Alumni Resume Book. To do so, log into Alumni Career Hub and go to My Profile >> Summary, and select "yes" for "Alumni Resume Book Participation." Alumni will be able to upload their resumes to the new recruiting platform, 12Twenty, once CPD has completed rolling all Career Hub Dashboard functionality into the system you currently know as IOU, the week of June 11th.
- Important: Any documents you have uploaded to the Career Hub Dashboard, including resumes, will not be carried over into 12Twenty. If you want access to documents you have used in Career Hub Dashboard you will need to download and save those documents no mater than June 8th, 2018.
- Programs & Webinars - Listen to industry experts and distinguished alumni share insights on diverse topics including enhancing your impact on social media, perfecting your pitch, and building a standout resume. Take advantage of timely career programs offered throughout the year by the CPD office in various locations.
- Reciprocity Agreements - HBS CPD has arranged for alumni to subscribe to alumni job listings at Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Stanford Graduate School of Business, INSEAD, and London Business School. Learn more.
Other Alumni Resources
- Alumni Website - Your gateway to the alumni community. Find virtual programs and in-person events; read news about fellow alumni, the School, favorite faculty, and students; register for your next reunion; and find volunteer opportunities and many other resources available to you as an HBS alumnus/a.
- Alumni Clubs - There are more than 100 alumni clubs, associations, and affiliates around the world, both geographic and affinity based. Learn more about clubs, how to join them, and upcoming club events.
- Alumni Directory - The Alumni Directory contains information on more than 80,000 HBS alumni community members. You can connect with fellow alumni by name, class, company, and position; find other alumni near year, wherever you are; identify HBS graduates who share your interests; and much more. The Directory requires HBS login and is password protected.
- Alumni Social Media - Follow our office's Instagram account, which highlights student and alumni career stories, our programming and the team's global outreach. There are also HBS Alumni social media accounts on nearly every platform.
Loan Assistance Programs
Two loan assistance programs have application deadlines after graduation:
- Loan Reduction for Private Sector Employees - HBS offers a Loan Reduction Program for students from the Class of 2018 working in the private sector with total guaranteed annual compensation at or below $100,000 USD. Awards typically range from $5,000 - $15,000 USD and are offered as a one-time loan reduction. Applications will be accepted until 12 noon on September 24, 2018.
- Nonprofit/Public Sector Loan Repayment Assistance Program - The HBS Nonprofit/Public Sector Loan Repayment Assistance Program is designed to reduce the educational debt repayment burden for MBA students and alumni serving in managerial positions in the nonprofit and public sectors. The Program is designed to support graduates in pursuing career paths in the nonprofit and public sectors, which often have compensation levels below the MBA average. The program has an annual application deadline of October 1.
Baker Library Resources
Career research for the Class of 2018 is a top priority for Baker Library. We help recent alumni with their career research in several ways:
- Building a targeted list of potential employers by industry, size, and location
- Creating competitor lists
- Finding industry overviews and company profiles
- Gathering articles on trends on a specific industry, topic or subject
- Providing guidance on using eBaker
- Identifying biographical information to support networking
Your remote access to Baker Library resources extends through May 25th, but our services are available to you throughout your career search:
- In-Person Support: As alumni, you may visit campus at any time to use select resources available in the Stamps Reading Room. The Stamps Reading Room summer hours are Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ET. Please see the Baker Library website for regular semester hours.
- Support by Email or Phone: 48 hour turnaround time - Contact expert researchers to schedule a career research consultation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-495-6040.
- eBaker: HBS alumni have free remote access to select business information databases, significant discounts on a few others, and select free web resources for entrepreneurs and job seekers through eBaker.
Databases on eBaker include:
||Articles in academic and professional journals
|Directory of Venture Capital & Private Equity Firms
||Directory of over 2,300 Domestic & International Venture Capital and Private Equity Firms, with contact information, investments and funds.
||Aggregator of news, company, financial, industry and market research data.
|D&B Global Express
||Information on millions of companies and executives.|
||Reports and data published by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development for doing global research.
||Statistics on market size and share, demographics, budget/expenditures, and company and brand rankings.
|Vault Online Career Library
||Inside scoop on what it's like to work in industries and companies of interest to MBAs.
To learn more about Baker Library resources for alumni, please email email@example.com or call the Information Services Desk at 617-495-6040.